CADCast
Saturday, June 24, 2006
  CADCast Episode 001 (PLACES in AutoCAD)

PLACES in AutoCAD is the tool built into the open and save dialog box that sometimes goes unnoticed by new AutoCAD users, as well as seasoned users that may have upgraded to a newer version of AutoCAD.


In this episode, I'll discuss the use of the PLACES sidebar to make your life a little easier.

I also mention a little used variable in newer versions of AutoCAD called REMEMBERFOLDERS. It has two settings:
0 (zero) or 1 (one).

Thanks for subscribing, and stay tuned for the next episode where I will discuss file and folder organization. I know, I know - kinda boring - but I need to hit the topic before moving on to more interesting and useful topics.
 




<< Home
The first ever technical AutoCAD podcast providing Tips, Tricks, Tools, and Techniques toward a more efficient CAD user.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Deltona, Florida, United States

I've had over 16 years experience using AutoCAD for 2D Civil, 2D/3D Mechanical Design & Piping, Environmental Remediation & Reporting, Geotechnical, and Asbestos Monitoring. In addition I've used ArcView/ArcGIS for 9 years for Environmental Monitoring, Master Planning, and Data Management including Access Database design including interface & report design. I've been the owner of RL Graphics, a small business providing CAD & Graphics services to businesses for over 12 years with services including all of the disciplines above.

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]